View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 head hanging down 

Post head hanging down
Yesterday when I went to the facility my LO was walking down the hall with his head almost to his chest. When I helped him into his chair it stayed that way, at dinner it was almost on the table, after dinner, the same. Is this a typical thing with LBD, he has had his head down a bit for a while, perhaps this is progression of the disease. He was not agitated and his eyes were open.

Wed May 21, 2008 8:55 am

Mother's head gets lower and lower- along with the rounded shoulders. She says she has to see her feet so she can not trip- however when she's sitting?
I've read that in Parkinson's the "automatic" signals to stand straight etc are no longer there. So unless they think about head up they don't do it

Sharon

Wed May 21, 2008 11:22 am

Antecollis (head/neck forward) is a symptom of PD. Apparently it also happens in LBD. In other disorders (eg, PSP), retrocollis (head/neck backward) is more common.

If the antecollis is painful, it can be treated either with a neck collar or botox injections in the neck. With botox, the MD has to be careful not to effect the swallow muscles.

Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]